Saturday, February 19, 2011

I love History

What They Didn't Teach You About the American RevolutionWhat They Didn't Teach You About the American Revolution by Mike Wright

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I am now the "Cliff Claven" on tidbits concerning the American Revolution after reading this book.
When I was visiting in Boston what better book to pick up than this one. Loved the insights of those that went out on a limb for this great Country. So many characters and for some reason I thought they all got along and were on the same page (I know I'm such a PollyAnna) till I read this book and learned how hard core George Washington was and how quite a few members of the Congress totally disagreed with the Declaration and even later the Constitution. Amazing.
I felt like I was back in time. Mr. Wright did a great job in researching so many of the incidents prior to and after the Revolution. It wasn't only the Big wigs we hear so much about but he gives credit to certain farmers and even women who played a huge role in the American Revolution.
I only gave it 3 stars because for me there was just too much war jibberish, (I know it is a book about war) but it was boring war stuff.
On a personal note I did enjoy reading about Count Casimir Pulaski since that is a State Holiday in the Chicago area and I never heard of him till I moved here and pretty much every one here doesn't know about him either. sad, even though we get the day off.
If you want to learn about what made those revolutionists tick,and you enjoy learning about history this is a great book and I would recommend it.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I remember when we moved to Danville Il, and the kids got a day out of school for Pulaski day, we were baffled too, Had to look it up on the internet.

    ReplyDelete