Sunday, September 12, 2010

Where do I begin?

So this summer I was soooooo busy, especially with Youth Conference. Well that ended in July and I still haven't posted about that amazing trip. I'm not sure where to start. I've looked at over 1100 pictures from 4 different photographers, thinking I'll start there with just my favorites. but nooooo, there's so many stories to tell. Do I share my own personal spiritual experience,or do I just lay out the details event by event. boring.... What do I write about? Where's the angle?
What about using pics of the youth without their permission? Am I allowed to do such a thing? I want to write about all the other fun things we did this summer but I keep telling myself I can't till I write about this ONE BIG EVENT.
My dillema is I can't write. This task is overwhelming to me, just like Youth Conference.
I keep staring at this quote from Mark Twain.

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks and then starting on the first one."
I'm just plain stuck on that first one. What do you do when the task is humongous?

2 comments:

  1. I would start with the first day and just go over the basics of the day then go back and add all the details and related stories for each event of the days.
    OR, hope the angels recording everything you are doing here on earth are keeping a great record for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would pick several (maybe 5-7?) things that REALLY stood out to you - a lesson you learned, an activity, maybe even a specific person - and write a post focused each one. The "filler stuff" (the surrounding activities, the day's schedule, etc.) will probably be taken care of in the context of each story.

    As for posting pictures...I think you're good. You probably don't want to include full names, addresses, and social security numbers to go with the pictures, but I would think just a picture is fine, even without permission. :) That's my opinion, anyway.

    Good luck! Can't wait to read about it :)

    ReplyDelete